Version 1.7.2 is the new major release of PrestaShop. This version aims to simplify the creation of a store and managing products. PrestaShop 1.7.2 is considered stable and thousands of online stores have already been created with it and its updates.
In version 1.7.2 or changed many things versus version 1.6 for example:
- User help: The main goal of the developers of Prestashop 1.7.2 is to help users with the task of overcoming challenges when building and developing their online business. Key features have been specfically designed to allow all Prestashop 1.7.2 users to deliver more high-quality content and deliver them much faster.
- Fast Sales: Fully redesigned product pages and modules. Adding new products as well as managing modules and catalogs now takes a lot less time and effort. The new shopping process will be a major improvement in customer shopping experience. In addition, front-office and back office simplification will make everything faster.
- Create product page: In this release the creation of the products will be very simple and easy. Actions have become faster, so are commands and a new method of adding products to the catalog appears. In addition, automated management has been rebuilt to present the most relevant features and to enable shop owners to perform this activity faster than ever before.
- Navigating back office and module section: reworking the back office has led to a much improved UI / UX experience, which makes navigating easier. Rewriting the module page means better management of the modules. New changes make it easier to navigate between sections, simplify visualization of installed modules, and management of those that are waiting for action.
I have read in many places that there can be no upgrade from PrestaShop 1.6 to 1.7.2 but we have tried and managed to do it. It is true that on this platform does not work “one click upgrade” but this does not mean that you can not make an update. As mentioned above, we have managed to make it, not only can we do the update but we can do it so that you do not lose the information on the old site, a very important thing and beneficial from the client’s point of view.
The new PrestaShop platform comes with many improvements. One of those worth mentioning is that it can use php 7. This helps site performance run better than previous platforms.
Coding with Symfony:
The new standards and tools that are incorporated into PrestaShop 1.7.2 include the latest Symfony framework to improve code security and overall website performance. This integration is particularly important because it provides an open source framework to allow for more efficient encoding by developers while also benefiting from a globally recognized framework. This is an evolution from version 1.6.1 that introduced a new architecture to make the code base more modular, robust and testable. Version 1.7.2 goes further by choosing to use the Symfony framework. Not everything is rewritten using Symfony just a few pages (product page and module page).
PrestaShop 1.7.2 is the newest version of the popular Prestashop platform, which opens the way to a new and innovative ways to create, develop and sell online.
- For Owners (Faster Sales)
- For web designers (easy to use)
- For programmers (better encoding system).
- For customers (maximum satisfaction)
As you read, it’s worthwhile doing this update right now. Of course you do not have to do it, but in a year you will be, because nothing new will appear for your old site, and you will lose your traffic. You do not have to sit long, start upgrading! Be the first to benefit from this new platform and the benefits it brings.